Health Georgina is a federally chartered not-for-profit, self-financed, volunteer run organization dedicated to ensuring that the citizens of the Town of Georgina have easy access to medical professionals, mental care and wellness providers.
All Georgina residents will have access to appropriate and timely medical, mental and wellness care.
Health Georgina will monitor for medical, mental health, and wellness care deficiencies and to the best of their ability look for options to fill the voids
Terms of Reference
The Key Function of Health Georgina is to represent the interests of the public in the health service in Georgina – ie to give people an independent voice in their local health care and the services provided as follows:
- Maintain contacts with the health care community
- Promote/sustain residents’ awareness of Health Georgina’s role in improving access to health and wellness services within Georgina
- Conduct health and wellness services environmental scans as needed to help guide the Health Georgina’s efforts related to access
- Support Health Care Service Providers in Georgina
- Facilitate health and wellness service provider recruitment
- Establish sub-committees to coordinate Health Georgina activities such as research, marketing, liaison activities, etc. as required
- Monitor/manage the Health Georgina budget
- Provide reports back to Town Council Health Georgina determines necessary or as Council Requests
- Represent the views of the public within Georgina, ensuring that local health care needs are recognized, raise public awareness of Georgina health care issues, provide information and advice to the community on Georgina health care matters